Are you a coffee snob like me? Do you have or want to build your own coffee station?
If you answered yes to either of these then check out this list of items that every home coffee station should have.
- Coffee Beans
- Coffee Maker
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Mugs
- Sugar (Sweeteners)
Items That Should Be Included in Your Coffee Station
Whether you have a dedicated section of your kitchen or have to pull things from your cupboard and pantry to make a cup of coffee, you should have these items readily available for your daily cup of joe.
- Coffee Beans. Fresh coffee beans are the first and most important ingredient when it comes to brewing great tasting coffee. If you want the best taste always buy fresh coffee beans.
- Coffee Maker. What ever brewing preference you have, you will need a way to make it. So this could be be done by pot, pour over, press, or single serve, you’ll need some sort of a maker for brewing.
- Coffee Grinder. Having a good grinder means that your coffee is going to taste great every time with its quality and consistency. Cheaper grinders make uneven grinds and make it hard to dial everything in to the right grind level every time.
(Different brew methods taste better with certain grind levels)
- Coffee Mugs and Racks. Equip your coffee station with trendy coffee mugs that fulfills your coffee cravings and has your personality and style to show. Using a mug rack is not only convenient to have but also adds some pizzaz to your coffee station.
- Spoons. (Coffee Spoon) Not to be confused with a coffee measuring scoop, these are small (often more so than even a teaspoon) meant to be used for stirring and sipping coffee from a smaller after-dinner coffee cup. They aren’t seen often anymore unless a part of a special set of dishes but does have functionality.
Any spoon or disposable stirring sticks will do as you’re simply just stirring your coffee should you want to add any cream and sugar to the mix.
- Napkins. Don’t be barbaric like me, have napkins around for spills and for crumbs (I’m like a messy kid when I have a biscotti with my coffee)
- Coffee and functional storage for your coffee. Decorative canisters for ground coffee or pods aren’t just stylish but also serves a purpose to house your fresh ingredients.
- Sweeteners and creamer pitcher. Syrups, sugar, and sugar substitutes are all great things to include at your coffee station as well as a creamer pitcher.
- Decor. Personalize your coffee station by adding your own flare. Be it flowers, wall decor, or even small plants.
Coffee is a pleasure and necessity that most of us feel we can’t live without. Creating an attractive and functional coffee station for your home can serve multiple purposes from starting your day off with a fresh cup to having all the materials and ingredients you need at your finger tips anytime when you’re hosting guests.
You can’t lose. So stock up on what you’re missing and build out your own personal coffee station to suit your wants and coffee needs.